They say you shouldn’t try anything new during a race. I wore this jacket for the first time during the Around the Bay 30k and I didn’t self-destruct. Proof that it’s ok to try something new after all! Boys and girls, just don’t try this at home.
Here’s what I love about the jacket:
– light weight
– extremely soft
– warm enough for running in -5C (assuming you have 1-2 layers under)
– color is nice
– hood is snug
– sleeves are long and has thumb holes
– has a slit for earbud wires (although I don’t listen to music when I run)
Here’s what I don’t love about the jacket:
– the zipper is cheap. It has gotten stuck a couple of times now. Very annoying.
– there’s only 1 zipper pocket
Overall, I guess the pros outweigh the cons but, for the price, I think there are a lot of other options out there.