I used to keep my running shoes separate from every other pair of shoes that I wore. They were on a pedestal only to be used for my runs. When I discussed appropriate footwear with my favorite shoe expert at RunningFree for any upcoming family trip to New York City, I was raring to get fitted for some fabulous shoes. He told me that there was nothing better to wear than my current pair of running shoes. I was so surprised that I could use my shoes for a dual purpose and I have never looked at my runners the same way. They are my first choice of shoes that are not far from any of my travels.
I took my Brooks Trance 7 to NYC with me and boy was I glad! These shoes are so plush and cushioned they are my favorite shoe and not just for running. From the moment I put them on in the store, my feet felt like they were on a cloud. I was almost giddy doing the test runs in the store. There was no question they felt just as good during my runs as well as being the tourist seeing all the sites in Manhanttan.
Nothing is spared in the Trance 7 running shoe and it was winner of Runner’s World Editor’s Choice Award in their annual Fall 2007 shoe review.
- Microfiber upper construction provides weather protection in a light, supple, quiet fabric that doesn’t sacrifice breathability, durability, or comfort
- Upper also includes Element Mesh and Lining to manage moisture
- Full-length MoGo midsole provides super-soft long-lasting cushioning for increased energy return and extra spring in your step, all with no sacrifice in stability
- Heel and Forefoot HydroFlow®: Silicon-based cushioning system in the heel and forefoot dramatically dampens shock, stabilizes the foot and rebounds on every stride
- A system of two compounds is engineered into the midsole and outsole:
- midsole/outsole compound dampens the forces of energy that occur during the contact phase
- midsole/outsole compound is used to enhance resilience under the metatarsals, resulting in a more powerful propulsion
- HPR Plus rubber outsole compound is highly durable and abrasion resistant